The Official Inspection order is new for 2020 by request of the Panel Chair. We will begin at 7 PM on Thursday, April 2nd. Quartet competitors are requested to be in attendance by 7 PM to serve as the mic-testing chorus.
We will start with the large chorus on the risers first, then medium chorus, then small chorus. Once the chorus sound and light checks are complete, we will reset the stage for the mic testing quartet.
The quartet briefing will immediately follow the completion of the official inspection. Chorus directors can be part of the mic-testing chorus and/or be standing onstage during the inspection. Any Sweet Adeline who is present may also serve as part of the mic-testing chorus. The mic-testing chorus will sing How We Sang Today.
The Quartet Briefing will start immediately following the Official Inspection Thursday, April 2nd. All competing quartets must have a representative present at the quartet briefing.
All Quartet forms and information will have already been submitted by the time of the briefing; however, quartets will have the opportunity to confirm/adjust their contest contact person or their contest song order during the briefing.
The Chorus Briefing will start at 8:45 PM (after the Quartet Briefing is concluded) on Thursday, April 2nd. All competing directors and president/team managers are expected to attend; at minimum a responsible representative of the chorus must attend the briefing. The Briefings should be concluded by 10:00 PM.
Chorus Briefing Reminders:
- Bring chapter photography order and payment.
- Presidents/Team Leaders must bring two completed copies of the List of Competing Members form including the first page that has the total number of competing members. This must be signed by the director(s) and the president/team manager. You can find a copy of that form here.
- Remember to include the SAI member identification number for each member on the List of Competing Members.
- Changes to this list after the chorus briefing only need to be reported to the Competition Coordinator if a change in the total number of competing members moves the chorus to a different division.
- Division A: 15 – 30 members plus the director
- Division AA: 31 – 60 members plus the director
- Large Chorus: 61 or more members plus the director.
- All other chorus forms and information will have already been submitted by the time of the briefing; however, chapters will have the opportunity to confirm/adjust their contest contact person or their contest song order during the briefing.
Stage Walk Ons
At the end of the quartet briefing, quartets will have the opportunity to walk on the stage in the order of appearance. Quartets may start a song, take a bow, start their second song, take a bow and leave the stage.
On Friday, April 3rd, after the quartet competition and after the Mass Sing, choruses will have the opportunity to walk on the stage in the order of appearance. Choruses may be positioned on the risers, start a song and then exit the stage. Choruses will have 5 minutes on stage. To Participate in the Chorus Walk On, please line up in order of appearance in Event Center I, and enter the stage from the audience via the ramp on stage right.